Baysgarth School is committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of all students and staff. Our safeguarding policies outline the responsibilities of all staff, students and parents in keeping all children safe from harm. These policies can be found and downloaded from the 'Policy' section.
The Designated Safeguarding Officer is Miss J Driscoll (Deputy Headteacher) and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer is Mr D Roberts (Assistant Head Teacher). If any parent has a concern over the safety of their child or any other child, please contact the school and request to speak with Miss Driscoll or Mr Roberts.
In school we have a strong pastoral system with tutors, Heads of House and Learning Managers who are there to support your child in dealing with any issues they may have.
There are also a number of organisations that you might find useful:
We are keen to foster strong relationships with parents and carers to promote the welfare of all our students, therefore we have compiled some information below which we feel may help and support in our mission.
- www.life-central.org (useful for young people and parents)
- Social Media Charter
- E-Safety Tips for Parents with Teenagers
- A to Z of E-Safety
- Internet Matters: Online Friends
- Internet Matters: E-Safety
- Internet Matters: Don't Be Left Behind
- Internet Matters: Mobile Apps
- Disrespect Nobody
- Self Harm Resource Pack
- Instagram Guidance for Parents
- Protecting Children from Abuse Online