Friday 17th November 2017 is ‘Children in Need’ Day. The school has decided not to host a non-uniform day and students will be expected to wear full school uniform on this date. Baysgarth holds one non-uniform day per term, therefore, this year, we have earmarked Friday 15th December for this – ‘Christmas Jumper day’.
Our Sixth Form students have been busy arranging fun activities to mark Children in Need, including a bake sale and various ‘Student v Teacher’ challenges. Students will need to bring some additional money to spend on these events, should they wish to participate and sponsor.
The money raised will be shared equally between the ‘Children in Need’ charity and a local former Baysgarth pupil. Aaron Winstanley, who left the school in 2004, was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer last year, and family and friends are currently trying to raise £150,000 to fund Immunotherapy treatment.
We look forward to this fun event, and hope to raise as much money as possible for valued causes, so every donation will be greatly appreciated! Check our school Facebook page and mobile app for updates throughout the day!
We will host four Parents' Evenings throughout the academic year 2017/18; we would like parents to note that it is not necessary to attend both, but we encourage attendance at one:
- Monday 13th November: Years 8, 9 & 10
- Monday 4th December: Years 7 & 11
- Monday 5th February: Years 8 & 11
- Monday 19th March: Years 7, 9 & 10
You can access the online booking system by clicking HERE
Working in partnership with parents is one of our key priorities. We believe through strong partnerships and mutual understanding we can ensure your child receives an outstanding education at Baysgarth:
- Tuesday 28th November (Expert Learner and Flipped Learning)
- Tuesday 23rd January
- Tuesday 6th March
- Tuesday 1st May
- Tuesday 3rd July
Parent Forum meetings offer an informal approach to gathering parents' views on some key aspects of the school's work. Previous topics have included:
- House system and tutoring
We have a lot to celebrate at the school and will be hosting a variety of other events:
- Saturday 7th October: Baysgarth School Grand Opening Event (for the community)
- Monday 9th October: New Intake Open Evening (for students starting in Year 7 in September 2018)
- Monday 30th October: 'ReviseWise' event & Year 7 'Meet the Tutor' Evening
- Monday 11th December: Annual Prize Giving Celebration
- Monday 15th January: Options Evening
- Monday 18th June: Tutor Evening
- Monday 9th July: Year 6 'Meet the Tutor' Evening