In addition to the Enrichment Projects, which students in Years 7 and 8 are required to attend each week, they will receive a menu of Flipped Learning activities each term. These activities will be recorded in their Expert Learner Log. The Flipped Learning activities are designed to support future learning in all subjects. Students are required to complete at least four activities from the menu per term; although they can complete more if they wish.
Students will use the pages within their Expert Learner Log to keep a record of completed Flipped Learning and Enrichment activities. Students are expected to carry their Expert Learner Log with them each day and keep it in good condition.
Not all of the Flipped Learning activities will be recorded in writing; there are varied tasks. Parents and carers are invited to add comments in the Expert Learner Log too, about activities you have completed together. Students can also include photographs of activities they have completed and items they have made.
At least once every half term, Form Tutors will sit with students and hold a ‘1:1 surgery’ to discuss the activities which have been completed and the Expert Leaner skills your child is developing. Working with their Form Tutor, students will identify which Expert Leaner skills they have been able to evidence from their subjects, ICE lessons, Enrichment Projects and clubs and hobbies outside of school. Your child’s Form Tutor will then help use this information to plan which Enrichment Projects to attend and which Flipped Learning activities to complete. This plan will help children to develop their Expert Learner skills.
Please contact your child’s Form Tutor with any queries.
Please check back in September for further details
To build on the success of flipped learning in Year 8, we have put together some activities in preparation for students starting their options in Year 9. These tasks are designed to allow the students to have a head start with their studies in September and be aware of what they are going to be studying:
- German (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (198.2 KB)
- Music (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (225.95 KB)
- Science (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (220.01 KB)
- Geography (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (240.41 KB)
- History (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (228.91 KB)
- Maths (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (379.96 KB)
- English (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (286.85 KB)
- French (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (192.42 KB)
- Art (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (413.01 KB)
- Business (Flipped Learning Summer Activity) (269.52 KB)