Year 11 Period 6 intervention is now running, until Thursday 7th May. Click below for more details!
- GCSE ReviseWise Evening Presentation 2019 (2.28 MB)
- ReviseWise Science Presentation (1.45 MB)
- ReviseWise Maths Presentation (949.76 KB)
- ReviseWise Maths Revision Topics (390.22 KB)
- ReviseWise English Presentation (544.96 KB)
- ReviseWise English AIC Hexagon Sheet (70.47 KB)
- ReviseWise English Blood Brothers Hexagon Sheet (78.49 KB)
- ReviseWise English Macbeth Hexagon Sheet (67.36 KB)
- ReviseWise English Much Ado Hexagon Sheet (67.33 KB)
- ReviseWise English Poetry Hexagon Sheet (60.98 KB)
- ReviseWise English Sherlock Holmes Hexagon Sheet (60.98 KB)
- November 2019 PPE Timetable (96.8 KB)
- Autumn Half-Term Intervention Letter (142.75 KB)
In this section you will find useful materials relating to the examinations your child will be taking and how you can support them.
Organisation of Exams
The Examinations Officer is responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of internal and external examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies. Your child will sit exams throughout their time at Baysgarth in preparation for their final GCSE exams.
Exam dates are set by the Exam Boards and may change. It is not possible to give confirmed dates for exams until exam entries have been made and provisional timetables have been published. For the summer exam period, this is towards the end of February for GCSE exams and March for GCE exams. For this reason, the Exams Officer is unable to give actual dates of exams to parents or students wishing to book holidays. Parents are reminded that pupils taking time off for holidays require the Head Teacher's permission and taking time off during any exam period will not be authorised, may incur charges to you if an exam entry has been made and could also incur a fine from the Local Authority.
Pupils must make every effort to attend their exams. If they are feeling unwell, please let school know as soon as possible in advance, as it may still be possible to make arrangements to accommodate your child for the exam.
If a pupil is absent for any exam, it is important that parents ring school (01652 632576) as soon as possible. In cases of illness, a doctor's certificate will also be required. In all other cases, unless a satisfactory explanation can be given, parents will be charged entry fees for missed exams (between £6.00 and £40.00 per exam).
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact the Examinations Officer at school who will be happy to answer your query.
Your examination certificates are very important and are evidence of your achievements in recognition of your hard work. If you lose them, they are very expensive to replace, so look after them carefully.
Summer GCSE certificates will be available for collection from the main school reception from the following November. Further details will be sent to students and parents directly.