Information for Schools
Headway works in partnership with Baysgarth School to provide short and long term placements for students. We are highly experienced in dealing with students with complex needs and supporting them and yourselves through the EHCP process.
Headway currently offers two pathways of support, each with its own bespoke curriculum.
Supports students with complex and challenging behaviour.
Students on this pathway receive an academic and therapeutic approach with behaviour modification programmes.
Supports vulnerable students with social anxiety, school phobia, mental health issues or medical needs.
Students on this pathway will have individual education plans tailored to the time they are with us and their needs. Their curriculum will be nurture based with an emphasis on social communication and emotional development.
A third pathway will be offered in the future, targeted at Key Stage 2 students and their families in a new collaborative approach to learning.
Why place a child at Headway?
- A comprehensive assessment of need: Mental Health and Behaviour for Learning assessment and an analysis of issues related to the child within their family context through the Early Help process
- Intervention support for children with a range of conditions and behaviours – ADHD, Asperger’s, Attachment Disorder, school refusers
- Counselling for anxiety and depression
- A broad and balanced curriculum that focuses on Literacy and Numeracy
- Vocational opportunities including Engineering, Horticulture and Forest School
- Work experience placements
- Therapeutic activities such as art and music therapy
- 1-1 mentoring and support from a Key Worker